Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trying something out...

I've been single for a little over four years now. I have dated and engaged in semi-serious relationships but I haven't had a boyfriend in a long while. In this time I came to know myself better, to understand a lot of things about the way I work, think and act. I also came to realize the importance of being alone.

However, I think my single time might be coming to an end. I'm starting to feel like I am ready to open up to someone again, to spend time with them and to get to know myself as part of a couple, not just as single Lorena... still, I'm not sure how to go about ending my happy bachelorhood. I'm also not sure about how to get around my commitment phobias (but I guess that you learn by doing).

But how do I start? I'm not really sure how one goes about 'meeting boys' -specially intelligent ones. I guess I just have to go out and do it! (and figure out the way while en-route).

8 comments:

Robin Chancer said...

Patoja! Guess what--I live like three blocks from a...get this...POLLO CAMPERO! I finally have an address in Silver Spring, MD. Phew, that was a whirlwind.

I know that feeling of being ready to find someone, but not sure how to do it. My advice: flirt and flirt some more. The more you notice people, smile at them, and start up conversations, the more options you'll start having. Although in my case I eventually just had to be like, "You! You're coming to see Borat with me!" You can try that too.

I miss you!!! I am thinking of you.

alejandro said...

We... Men, are like avocados. Remember?

But you may never know for sure if it's a good one until you crack it open.

Denise Phé-Funchal said...

pac, pac, pac chula, tenés razón, mirá, pac, pac, pac....apoyo y le echo porras a tu decisión! un abrazooooooo

AL Ruano said...

Well, I will be the first to say how scary it is to think that you're ready to date before actually having someone to go out with but I'll keep you posted.

I feel on the verge of being the Chapín 'Bridget Jones' :S

alejandro said...

La paso a traer en mi 'beeme' a las 8? Nos vamos a juntar a tomar unos 'traguitos' con los cuates en 'La Playa'...

AL Ruano said...

Ala, pero re-nice. Va, pero me avisa con tiempo, así no estoy todavía en 'la empresa' y me da tiempo de plancharme el pelo. Requete pues, estamos!

Anonymous said...

If you find out how to find and keep a guy instead of losing it, please let me know...:) Be aware that I need some advice for the ice-cold dutch guys and not the hot latino's...

AL Ruano said...

Well, then that means you can't just walk around and hope they hiss 'barbie' at you!

I don't really know sweetie, I have to 'catch one' before I figure out how to 'hold him'! :P