Monday, October 13, 2008

Prinsesstårta

This Saturday I was asked to make the birthday cake for my friend Julio. Actually, I was asked to bake two of them. The kladdkaka or sticky chocolate cake is really easy to make but then I had a postponed cake for my friend: I had promised to make a princess cake when we met up in Guate city again.

So, about two hours later I had sugar cake made from scratch, strawberry jam, home made vanilla custard and whipped cream and I just had to ad the most important part: a marzipan cover. When it was finally done I congratulated myself. I was really tired but it turned out so pretty.

We've gotten some pretty nice things from Sweden: Volvos, Saabs, vikings that discovered America and what not and Ikea of course... but that cake is definitely the best... and I so rocked it on Saturday.

5 comments:

alejandro said...

I would leave IKEA out of the list you know?

My bed, the one I bought at IKEA 6 months ago... Is falling apart, and that really sucks. A TV table, a desk, or even a kitchen table aren't so important, can leave without those. But a bed?

alejandro said...

But yeah, totally agree about Volvos and Vikings.

And would add "hot Swedish chicks" to the list as well.

AL Ruano said...

And Swedish boys... mycket-bra!

I don't know,.. I thought Ikea was better quality, but no. At least its Swedish design!

alejandro said...

Of course, I won't deny that my bed looks cool, euro-style, cutting edge, and awesomely classy. As long as you don't try to lay down for a bit, then it just sinks in the middle... Like a hammock.

Or could that be part of that cutting edge euro-design?

AL Ruano said...

It could be... my bed was not Ikea -its all Swedish design, though- and it looked cool but... it sucked.