Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And that has made all the difference...

I'm not really talking about the famous poem by R. Frost. Its a whole other thing...

I will admit to being on my way to becoming 'a woman of a certain age'. Its inevitable. We are all going in that direction and although I still have a few years to go, some greys starting rearing their uggly white heads recently.

Not really that recently. I noticed my first 'premature white' when I was about nineteen. I was excited about having some sign of maturity and liked it. Then, when I went to get my haircut last time I told my hairdresser that I thought I had noticed more than my usual single grey. His repply? 'yes, you do have quite a bit more!' Mortifying, really.

So, I had a visit from the famous M not so long ago. I didn't feel as pretty as I usually felt and thought that my friend would be dissapointed. Everytime I looked in the mirror that original whitey was there, sneaking out of my dark brown curls. Then it hit me: who cares if its there or not? not one single soul. 

The result? I yanked it out. Suddenly I felt ten times prettier, and younger. So while I am not determined to stop the white from a-coming, I know that having one less has truly made all the difference.

2 comments:

alejandro said...

Same thing happened to me when I started losing hair. As soon as I shaved my head, felt younger!

AL Ruano said...

I pulled another one, from the same spot. It was about a week ago. I feel better.