Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Buckle is the new bow

I really needed black shoes. Not due to vanity, style or fashion. My first pair lost half a soul on the way to the baker's... the other one lost it walking in the rain in Antigua Guatemala, and my sister's just succumbed to... well, her.

Why is shopping so difficult when you really need something? I'm used to seeing cute black flats everywhere. But now? no luck. Also, I'm on a budget so I only need (meaning afford) one pair of simple, black flats.

To avoid temptation I decided to go shopping with my mom. The instructions where simple: I only need one pair of sensible, cute black flats... possibly with a bow of some sort. She's not allowed to come anymore.

First shopping trip (yes, first): One pair of high heeled cute browns, one pair of birkenstock-style clogs and camel loafers. that was it... from the shoe store. I also got two cute tops at Zara. DAMMIT!

Second shopping trip: SUCCESS! cute black flats, patent leather, and on sale! the best part? two for one plus more discount. So I got two pairs. Sadly, non of my five (Oops, yes, five) pairs of shoes have any kind of bow. The latest have buckles. So I've declared Autumn/Winter of 2009 as 'the season of the buckle'. Also, I'm staying away from malls until after the hegemonic deity's birthday celebration.

Shopping is such hard work. At least I'm setting trends while doing it.

2 comments:

Denise Phé-Funchal said...

Oh vanidad, divino pecado ;)

AL Ruano said...

...pero estaban de oferta

;)