Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The thin, pink line

Wearing make-up is complicated business. Eye-shadow is tricky, liner is difficult and gloss is finicky and ends-up doing whatever it wants anyways. To some extent, I think I've pretty much conquered the bunny-slope level of make-up 101 but the great beast was still at large: blush.

You see, blush is hard. Its hard because it goes on a part of your face that's not as clear cut as 'lips' or 'eye-lids'... cheeks take-up everywhere, so where do you color and how intensely do you do so?

So, as I practice my blush-wearing abilities I always keep in mind there's a thin, pink-hue of a line between looking blushing and spring-like and looking like a common street walker.

-For the record, I aim for the former, not the latter!

1 comment:

GED said...

hahahahahahahaha