Sunday, December 7, 2008

Human nature 1: sales

I needed to go to the supermarket to stock-up on food so I can start avoiding all that hegemonic deity birthday-shopping crowds. I also needed paint for my room and my "home office". So I paid and went to get it... on my way back into the supermarket I got stopped by a nice young lady selling/pushing hair irons.

But it wasn't any old iron. It was the wet2straigh ceramic, negative ions, Teflon one, on sale! I have curly hair, that I actually like... that other people seem to like. Why did she offer it to me? In any case, the real question here is 'why did I buy it?'

I believe that there are somethings that are common to all of us, human folk... getting a good deal on something you don't really need is definitely one of them.

4 comments:

Denise Phé-Funchal said...

jajajaja, ajajajajaja, me la prestás? jajajajajaja

AL Ruano said...

Cuando querrás chulis, cuando querrás!

Robin Chancer said...

There was one Christmas where all I asked for was a $200 hair dryer. Something about ions and Julia Roberts using it...ha! I love your beautiful curly hair, bonita!

AL Ruano said...

But the important question here is: did you get the dryer? lol