Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Three years

I remember being really scared. Through December not many people knew I was sick and in early January not even my oncologist could tell me how sick I actually was. So no one knew... not even me.

Three years ago today I woke-up after surgery and I was crying. I was scared, even more scared than when I went into the OR. I just was not ready for chemo, for (more) pain and funny enough... I wasn't ready to lose my curls -I was more scared of that than any other thing, mostly because that meant I was a 'sick person' and I just couldn't handle that.

But I woke-up and my mom told me everything was alright. The surgery had been even more successful than anyone expected and at least for now, I didn't have to worry about being sick. Because of the experience I've grown and also seen how wonderful my friends can be... and three years later I'm still here :)

4 comments:

Denise Phé-Funchal said...

Y por muchos años más chulis ;)

GED said...

i thank God for that, whether you like it or not

Robin Chancer said...

I didn't even know this story! I want to be one of your friends that is a girl and talk about this over scented candles.

AL Ruano said...

And hopefully some wine, and soon!

I'll tell you the whole story soon, sweetie, I promise :)