Thursday, January 15, 2009

Friends that are girls

One of the things I learned in 2008 is the importance of having friends... that are girls.

In these last twelve months I realized that surrounding yourself with caring, compassionate and understanding women makes you the same way. It softens you and makes you see the world in another light. I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner. Actually, I just realized it this week.

The last two weeks have been filled with girlfriends: some that live abroad where in town, others that are far away sent updates and chatted. The ones that are always around had time and opportunity so that we could open up and get to know each other a bit better. I talked about apples, boyfriends, kids, university and drank wine, tea and juice while we lit candles, sat in rooms with pretty flowers and had world class chocolate.

I just read a sappy book so know you all have to put up with my sappy 'I love you' to all my friends that had a beer in El Pilar, walked nine Antigua blocks, made rice for me and put up with me and my particular sense of humor (and moods) every day. I miss all of you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorena, please promiss me that this is your last sappy blog...Now I only miss you!

AL Ruano said...

I promise. I'm already reading a Kundera book to offset the sappiness in me!

I miss you and our gossip! :)

alejandro said...

Yeah... I miss my "dude" friends too.

Denise Phé-Funchal said...

Salud Chula! Por una larga vida llena de manzanas ;)

AL Ruano said...

Y de boones de manzanas también jajaja!