Monday, August 23, 2010

Gotta have it, really need it to get by...

Nope, I'm not talking about the sugar high Renée Zellweger sings about in that iconic 1990s movie 'Empire Records'... I'm talking about decent, high-speed internet.

I really can't complain much about life in Geneva. The weather has been awesome, I get go to out and run through wonderful old houses and the huge gardens in Grand Saconnex and its surroundings, I've had friends come and I love going to the WHO everyday.

But there is always a 'but', I guess. With the really bad internet signal I have in the 'hell hole' (aka as the John Knox Center, which is where I live), I can barely log into Skype. I miss my regular Sunday chats with my mom, my e-beers with everyone and I have to say, it's really made me homesick.

Today, after more than two weeks of unsuccessful attempts at Skype I finally got to call my mom... for 1.45 minutes.

I should just go to the Parc des Nations with my Ipod and call her from there... seriously.

*sigh

No comments: