Friday, June 26, 2009

Up-staged

I think it is completely unfair to poor Farrah Fawcett. The poor thing spent three years setting the stage for the grand finale, and then on the afternoon on the day she finally dies... Michael Jackson goes and has a cardiac arrest.

With one clean swoop he ate up all the celebrity gossip online time, all the newscasts, all the printed press room and poor Farrah only got some one-liners.

So now the king of pop is dead, leaving Madonna to be the dowager queen, and a battle between Prince and other suitors for the tittle...

2 comments:

alejandro said...

"I'm glad he didn't influence my life whatsoever, he was a disgrace for his back race and American culture" told me a dear friend yesterday when chatting about his death.

Well - I replied - did you ever attempt to do the 'moonwalker' at least once? Did you ever watch MTV as a teen? Oh I'm sure you did buddy.

The greatest - and the least understood - pop star in history.

I just can't help the smile on my face every time I watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DYgf_Cl59o

His legacy in every aspect of our lives - global culture - is just invaluable.

AL Ruano said...

'Video not available in your country'... no go in Sverige and no go in Guate :(