Sunday, March 22, 2009

Older (and the jury's still out on 'wiser')

I have always loved my birthdays. I think its because I've faced some 'health-drama' in my life... but even before that. It might be because I've always looked forward to being older, to have gone 'round the sun once more. I also like the by-products of being older: I understand myself better, I think I understand others more and I appreciate the people that I love and that love me back more.

Since turning 27 I have realized just how important friends and family are. I have amazing friends that love me, care about me and make me feel like I am not alone in this world. I think this is the year that I finally understood what it is like to be alone and how lucky I am to have so many friends and family around me. I have a great family that always makes me laugh and it is because of them that I can say that I truly like what and who I am.

I still don't know how I feel about being 28. Being 25 was fun, 26 felt very grown-up and 27 turned into a year that showed me that I was reaping the benefists of my past in my efforts in school, my work and life wise.

And while I'm still scared of the future, have insecurities, and fights, and problems, and 'issues' like everyone else, today I kind of feel like its more than OK to have them. So my conclusion is that turning 28 is just like turning 18 but with a little extra bump -and some gray hairs.

2 comments:

Denise Phé-Funchal said...

Feliz cumpleaññññññooooooooos chulis! Un abrazote, ya sabés que se te quiere, se te ama, se te adora. :)

Anonymous said...

Federal Way Uw Medicine
http://www.foodfashionofindia.com/ - propecia price

Severe side effect of Propecia is not a very frequent occurrence.
[url=http://www.foodfashionofindia.com/]finasteride medication[/url]
Acne on face, lips and throat can also be observed.
finasteride 5mg
However, these symptoms usually do not last long, and disappear when you stop medication.