Saturday, February 21, 2009

Clouds

I think the world is a harsh place. Its hard, the people are not nice and life never turns out the way you think it will be. Sometimes, we just need a little self-imposed magic, a self-imposed naïve way of thinking that everything will be alright, that there is a rainbow with a big pot of gold at the end of what we are doing.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, maybe there is no rainbow. Maybe my being naïve is not self imposed at all... but maybe believing or thinking that way that is a good thing. Is that wrong? I know the pitfalls, I know the errors and still I choose to make them, so that I feel happier. Maybe I'm just chasing clouds and are doomed never to catch them.

3 comments:

alejandro said...

Although clouds are not meant to be caught, and rainbows don't have pots of gold they still serve a purpose - even if that purpose is just to distract you from the important things...

To be honest, I don't really know where I'm going with all this so I'll just stop here (a damn cloud distracted me).

AL Ruano said...

:)

GED said...

to quote a recent favorite in the book department:
"I probably got more from that dream and not accomplishing it than I got from any of the ones that I did accomplish."
Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

and to add another quote from him that is somewhat more topical:
"Until you got ice cream spilled on you [or get asked to buy a brochure for 5 Q], you’re not doing field work"--Pausch